REABILITAREA SI PROMOVAREA IDENTITATII CULTURALE SI ISTORICE A PIETEI CETATII SI TURN STEFAN
Rehabilitation and promovation of the cultural and historical heritage of "Piata Cetatii – Turn Stefan"
Atenție! În această
secțiune există informații necompletate!
Proiect înscris de
Informaţii despre proiect
Baia Mare, Maramures, Romania Piata Cetatii
Echipa de proiect
Sc Rustic srl
Municipiul Baia Mare
arh. Ildiko Mitru, arh. Stefan Paskucz, arh. Ildiko Mitru, arh. Stefan Paskucz
- Tudor Ciplea - Structura - S.C. CONCEPT INVEST S.R.L. - Stefan Kocsis - Instalaţii Electrice - S.C. PROCONCEPT S.R.L - Catalin Bogdan - Instalaţii curenţi slabi - S.C. ELECTROTREND S.R.L. - Mihai Nitulesc - Instalatii sanitare, termice, climatizare - S.C. NORD CLIMA S.R.L. - Ildiko Salajean - Expertiza tehnica - S.C. DIKO S.R.L.
- Livia Bucsa - Expertiza biologica - S.C. GREEN PARTNERS S.R.L. - Mihai Moody - Studiu Geotehnic - S.C. TEHNIC PROSPECT S.R.L. - ATTILA WEISZ - Studiu de istoria artei
Situated in the centre of the medieval area as Rivulus Dominarum (Raul Doamnelor), Piata Cetatii, was the place occupied at the beginning of the XIVth century by Saint Stephen Church, the most important ecclesiastic building of the community. Victim of the interconfessional conflicts, the church itself was ruined and demolished in 1847. The only thing which remained intact was the tower. The place nowadays is being occupied by a park with protected trees.
The City Square was an untouched area, allowing pedestrian transit between str. 1Mai, str.Crişan and Tower’s street and the access towards sights in the area, most of them heritage objectives:
- Stephen Tower (1347)
-The Roman - Catholic "Holy Trinity" (1717-1719)
- Jesuit Monastery today "Peter Dulfu " Secondary School (1717-1719)
-The Orthodox " St. Nicholas" ( ½ Of the XXth century)
- Casa Degenfed (sec . XVI)
- imobil no. 2
When the project was approached, the potential of the square hasn’t been exploited.
The aim of this project was to return to city life the image of St. Stephen’s Church, along with all the other buildings related to the evolution of the place, transforming Castle Market into a space intended for the urban culture, education and leisure in addition to its initial function which was religious.
Baia Mare City Hall has initiated all the steps to include this project among the projects financed by European funds.
Rehabilitation works of the square were to preceded by archaeological research which revealed that two other churches coexisted with St. Stephan.
The project pursued that all archaeological material discovered should be preserved and presented.
On the southern side of the square was reserved an vast space for circulation and religious processions of the two churches in use ( in worship ) , St. Trinity Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas, also ideal for cultural events.
The North side was held to mark in the floor the countour of the St. Stephan’s Church.
The ruins from the XIVth century, uncovered by archaeologists , were highlighted by five underground spaces, covered with glass , allowing them to be seen open.
On the eastern side of the square was partially reconstructed St. Catherine’s Church and by a semi-underground building were presented the ruins of St. Martin’s Church.
The major challenge of the project has been to harmonize the existing buildings with the revealed archaeological remains and the trees planted in 1847, once with the demolition of the church St. Stephan.
These altogether with the proposed green areas create a new space, a bivalent one, artificial and natural, successfully combining them. A space in which the reconstructed history alongside with the present is perceived differently in each and every season.
The rehabilitation work included the square consolidation and restoration of the Stephan Tower interior, thus can be visited and allows all tourists to discover the city from the loggia.
To ensure an adequate tourist service there has been located on the western side an information point, a discreet building, half of it belowground, also plated like the square with granite Bianco Sardo, which makes a monumental and noble space.
For upgrading the entire ensemble a great importance has been given to the lighting which allows the visits during nighttime.
Today the tower is highlighted by an ornamental lighting on architectural elements such as rosettes or frames of the windows with a warm light.
To emphasize the vestiges of the square a general, mostly indirect and discreet light has been proposed.
Thus, the lighting of the trees , of the remains , of the buildings on the perimeter of the park and the historic walls have passed towards a warm registry and the contemporary buildings, mainly the information point and the newly built area, over the ruins of the Church of Saint Martin are emphasized by the contrast of the cold light.
“For man neither too young nor too old who had the opportunity to spend time in the Fortress Square, changes might confuse. And beyond the fact that he likes it or not, current new look of the place can not explain him or her, how he/she stayed so long on the cool terrace of no less famous Dwarf Confectionery/Sweetshop - with many silent archaeological remains, tombs and relics living under his feet. Accustomed with the old views of the two churches, old trees and grass around few benches, visitor is now trying to get used to the new image. Revealing before his eyes are now five churches and a neat and infinitely more usable space for parishioners, citizens or tourists. In the shadow of the very old trees, all of us can admire beyond the glass showcases or lively reconstructed ruins of three medieval churches among which the oldest and most impressive of them, the parish church of St. Stephen.”
Dr. Dan Pop